The valuable learning experiences gained through agriculture studies are not limited to Agriculture majors. Non-agriculture majors at UH Hilo can obtain a minor in Agriculture by completing 18 hours of coursework (GPA 2.5 or better) in the College of Agriculture, Forestry and Natural Resource Management.
Requirements (18 credits):
- Required Courses (6):
- HORT 262 Princ Of Hort (3)
- ANSC 141 Intro To An Science (3)
- Agriculture Electives (12):
- 6 Credits of any 300-, or 400-level course of AG, AGBU, AGEC, AGEN, ANSC, AGRN, AQUA, ENTO, FOR, HORT, SOIL, NRES or PPTH courses
- 6 Credits of any level courses of AG, AGBU, AGEC, AGEN, ANSC, AGRN, AQUA, ENTO, FOR, HORT, SOIL, NRES or PPTH course
- Students must complete all courses for the minor with a minimum 2.5 GPA.
- All courses for the certificate must be passed with a grade of C or better.