Admission of Unclassified, Non-degree Students
This is the 2019-2020 UH Hilo catalog, previous year catalogs can be viewed on the Back Issues page.
A person who wishes to take courses at UH Hilo but does not wish, or does not qualify, to enroll in a degree program, may apply for admission as an unclassified student. An unclassified student is not a candidate for a degree or a Board of Regents-approved certificate and will not be allowed to become a candidate unless he/she meets the admission standards required of students seeking a degree. Moreover, most types of financial aid programs will not be available to unclassified students. International visa students and WUE students are not eligible for unclassified, non-degree status. Students who are on academic dismissal or suspension do not qualify under this status. Contact the Admissions Office for more information.
- Residency Regulations for Tuition Purposes
- Admission Procedures
- Admission of First-Time Freshmen
- Admission of Transfer Students
- Admission of International Students
- Admission of Returnees
- Admission of Unclassified, Non-degree Students
- Admission of Auditors
- Running Start/Early Admission Program
- Admission to Summer Session
- Admission to Agriculture Development Program
- Information for Admitted Students
- Profile of Admitted Freshmen Students 2016