Applications are now closed for the Spring 2021 UHHSA Election. However, there are still open postions. If you would like to apply you can turn your application in in-person at Campus Center 210 (open M-F 8 am -4:30pm) or vitrually to our advisor Maile at email@example.com.
UHHSAʻs 2021 Spring Election is currently running from May 3-7, 2021.Find out more about the candiates and cast your ballot here.Please check to see if you are eligable to vote at our voter eligibility information website.
If you have any questions pelase contact our Elections Chair, Vice President Neikirk at firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Student Association - Let Your Voice Be Heard!
UHHSA is a Chartered Student Organization (CSO) that has been authorized by the University’s Board of Regents to receive and expend the mandatory student government fee. UHHSA is a co-curricular activity, which provides an opportunity for students to serve in leadership positions and to participate in the political arena of our campus. The University community offers and fosters a stimulating, experiential learning environment for those who would like to learn the intricacies of policies, procedures and decision-making that can affect our campus community.
To run for an UHHSA position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be currently registered at UH Hilo for a minimum of six (6) UH Hilo credit hours.
- Be registered for at least six (6) credit hours at UH Hilo throughout the campaign and election period and each semester during your term.
- Have paid your mandatory UHHSA student fee.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 at the time of nomination. (2.0 semester GPA must be maintained throughout term of office.)
- Be free of any disciplinary sanctions.
Elected UHHSA positions:
There are a total of fifteen (15) positions in UHHSA. All positions are open for application during the Elections Season. Please note that some positions have additional eligibility requirements (listed below):
- Data Director
- College of Agriculture, Forestry and Natural Resource Management(CAFNRM) Senator
- Ka Haka ‘Ula o Ke‘elikolani (KHUOK) Senator
- College of Arts and Science (CAS) Senator
- College of Natural and Health Sciences (CNHS) Senator
- College of Business and Economics (CoBE) Senator
- Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy (DKICP) Senator
- Graduate Senator
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
- Executive positions require a one-year minimum of CSO experience.
- College Senators (CAFNRM, CAS, CNHS, CoBE, DKICP, KHUOK) must be a UH Hilo student currently enrolled at that prospective college.
- Graduate Senator must be a UH Hilo student enrolled in a graduate program.
For more information, contact our Elections Committee Chair Vice President Neikirk.
Phone: (808) 932-7367
Campus Center (CC) room 203A