Due to COVID-19, please fill out the application with a form-fillable program, such as Adobe Acrobat, and email it to UHHSA (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Campus Center (email@example.com).
Election Applications are now open on a rolling application basis for the 2020-2021 Academic Year. We are accepting applications for three vacant positions: Treasurer, CNHS Senator, and KH'UOK Senator.
University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Student Association - Let Your Voice Be Heard!
UHHSA is a Chartered Student Organization (CSO) that has been authorized by the University’s Board of Regents to receive and expend the mandatory student government fee. UHHSA is a co-curricular activity, which provides an opportunity for students to serve in leadership positions and to participate in the political arena of our campus. The University community offers and fosters a stimulating, experiential learning environment for those who would like to learn the intricacies of policies, procedures and decision-making that can affect our campus community.
To run for an UHHSA position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be currently registered at UH Hilo for a minimum of six (6) UH Hilo credit hours.
- Be registered for at least six (6) credit hours at UH Hilo throughout the campaign and election period and each semester during your term.
- Have paid your mandatory UHHSA student fee.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 at the time of nomination. (2.0 semester GPA must be maintained throughout term of office.)
- Be free of any disciplinary sanctions.
Elected UHHSA positions: There is a total of fifteen (15) positions in UHHSA. All positions are open for application during the Elections Season. Please note that some positions have additional eligibility requirements (listed below):
- Data Director
- Treasurer - vacant
- College of Agriculture, Forestry and Natural Resource Management(CAFNRM) Senator
- Ka Haka ‘ Ula o Ke‘elikolani (KHUOK) Senator - vacant
- College of Arts and Science (CAS) Senator
- College of Natural and Health Sciences (CNHS) Senator - vacant
- College of Business and Economics (CoBE) Senator
- Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy (DKICP) Senator
- Graduate Senator
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
- Executive positions require a one-year minimum of CSO experience.
- College Senators (CAFNRM, CAS, CNHS, CoBE, DKICP, KHUOK) must be a UH Hilo student currently enrolled at that prospective college.
- Graduate Senator must be a UH Hilo student enrolled in a graduate program.
For more information, contact our Elections Committee Chair.
Phone: (808) 932-7367
Campus Center (CC) room 203A