Food Basket Food Drive
“The people of Hawaiʻi are one ʻohana. The Hawaiʻi Foodbank provides food so that no one in our family goes hungry. We work to gather food and support from our communities. We then distribute food through charitable agencies to those in need. Our mission is from the heart, and we will fulfill our mission with integrity, humanity and aloha.”
About Hawaiʻi Island Food Bank
The Food Basket, Inc; Hawaiʻi Island’s Food Bank is a non-profit organization dedicated to eliminating hunger and food waste in Hawaiʻi County. Food pantries in both Hilo and Kona distribute food and meals to Hawaiʻi’s hungry
Donations will be taken in Campus Center 312 all year long. In November and April (Canned Food Drive Month), various main offices throughout campus will be designated as drop off locations.
- During this time we provide baskets in offices throughout the campus to collect non-perishable foods to donate to the Hawaiʻi Island Food Basket.
- Please help those who are less fortunate in our community by donating non-perishables and canned goods during this time.
- If you are interested in helping, or if you would like to know where the baskets are located please contact us.
2018 UH Hilo Spring Food Drive
When: April 9-May 2
Ways You Can Help:
- Donate non-perishable items to a drop off location
- Donate any dollar amount, every penny helps! In fact, 10$ is enough for the Food Basket to provide 25 meals!
You can now make a monetary donation online! Please be sure to note in the memo that it is for the UH Hilo Food drive to keep your donation on Hawaiʻi Island.
Possible Drop Off Locations
- Campus Center 210
- UH Hilo Concierge Desk (Ground Floor, SSC)
- UH Hilo Athletics Office
- Division of Student Affairs Office
- UH Hilo Library
- UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
Make in person monetary donations at the Sodexo Dinning locations!