Campus Center Facility Reservations
Step: 1 2 3
The regulations listed below represent only a portion of the complete policy. For the complete Campus Center use policy please consult the Facility Use Policy of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo.
- University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo, Hawaiʻi Community College and other UH-affiliated student CSOs or RISOs, and faculty/staff/administrative groups, departments and programs may reserve Campus Center rooms for campus activities on a first-come, first-served basis. Membership in an organization by a member of the University community does not constitute University affiliation. Requests for personal use are not allowed. Direct questions about UH affiliation to the Campus Center Director.
- An official online reservation form must be completed and filed on the Campus Center webpage prior to the event. Until an email confirmation is returned to the requester, the request is not considered final.
- A seven day lead time is required for all reservations.
- A confirmed reservation must be officially canceled 24 hours in advance. Non-cancellation will result in the forfeiture of the deposit and/or suspension of scheduling privileges for a month.
Room Fees and Service Charges (where applicable)
- The Facility Use Request website states the fees you may be charged for the use of our facility. Should there be any changes in actual use, the final invoice will be adjusted accordingly. Please review the estimated charges carefully and notify the CC office if there are any discrepancies or questions.
- The user must notify the CC office of any changes in the start and end of the reservation. Billing is based on reserved hours or actual use hours, whichever is greater.
- Service charges will be assessed for any set-up and/or clean-up by CC staff.
- Priority 1, 2, & 3 users will have room use fees waived however, applicable staff and service charges will be assessed. Sponsors and co-sponsors are held responsible for any damages or charges incurred by the event/use.
Cancellation must be received 10 business days in advance of the event. If payment is not received within 5 days of the event, any deposit will be forfeited. Late cancellation or failure to show may affect future use. To cancel your reservation, email email@example.com with the control number. You will be sent an email confirming your cancellation.
A "No Show" is considered when a group fails to be present at the requested time of reservation. The Building Manager on duty will wait 15 minutes after the group's requested time has started. After this 15 minute waiting period the room will be closed and you will need to contact Campus Center the next business day at (808) 932-7365.
When a group fails to honor their reservation without giving Campus Center prior notice, the following actions are taken:
- no show (email warning),
- no show (group will be charged for staff time),
- no show (group will be charged for facility use and staff charges),
- no show (group will lose their privilege to use the Campus Center Facility for three (3) months).
- Plans for any changes to the facility's current set-ups must be detailed on this use request for approval by the CC staff. Charges may be assessed for any changes made without prior approval.
- The event sponsor is responsible for any damages to the facility and damages or loss of CC equipment and furnishings incurred during the event. The person in charge of the event and a designated CC staff person will do all room checks prior to and after the event to insure an accurate assessment for any applicable charges.
- The user must clean and re-set the room as shown on each room's diagram immediately following the end of the event. Groups may ask the CC Staff for the vacuum cleaner, mops and brooms as needed.
- Groups having food and/or drinks are responsible for removing all food and trash. Trash should be disposed of in the dumpster behind the library, not in trash receptacles in the Campus Center or its plaza. Trash bags are available from CC staff.
- Groups using more than one room and weekend groups will be given additional clean-up procedures.
A/V and Media Equipment
- Users are responsible for their own A/V/media arrangements.
- If UH Hilo Media Services equipment is used after they are closed, users will bring all equipment to Da Lava Tube (game room) for media pick-up on the next working day. If equipment is left in the room and CC staff must bring it down, the user will be assessed $10 for each trip.
- The CC is not responsible for any equipment left in rooms.
Conduct and User Responsibilities
- Groups are responsible for the behavior of their members and guests.
- Groups will abide by all statutes, ordinances and policies of the State, County, University and Campus Center. Failure to observe such statutes, ordinances, and policies will result in the forfeiture of any deposit and/or suspension of facility use privileges.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult who will assume responsibility for their safety and welfare.
- Motorized vehicles, skateboards, roller-skates and other similar devices are prohibited in the facility. Bicycles are to be placed in the racks provided and are not allowed in the building.
- Only seeing-eye dogs are allowed in the Campus Center.
- Smoking is prohibited in all enclosed areas, including the bathrooms, and the third floor lanais.
- The use of noxious chemicals, combustibles and cooking equipment, except by authorized personnel in designated area, is not allowed. Prior approval by the CC Director is required for such use.
- The person in charge of the event must check in with the Campus Center prior to use of the facility and check out upon completion of use. Failure to do so may result in inappropriate charges being assessed for which the group will be held liable.
During the academic year, parking is $3.00 per day, if the driver does not have a valid UH Hilo parking permit. Parking is free during the summer, before 6 a.m., after 4:30 p.m., and on weekends.
The user is responsible for addressing any questions regarding these regulations to the Campus Center Director, prior to submitting your reservation. Choosing “I agree” below indicates you have read and will abide by all the Facility Use General Regulations and Facility Use Policies of the Campus Center. Mahalo for your cooperation!