CSO Funding Committee
The UH Hilo Chartered Student Organization (CSO) Funding Committee serves as an advisory committee to the UH Hilo CSOs including the UH Hilo Student Association (UHHSA), Student Activities Council (SAC), Board of Student Publications (BOSP), Board of Media Broadcasting (BOMB), and Campus Center Fee Board (CCFEE).
The purpose of this committee is to provide opportunities to UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organizations (RISOs), departments and programs to request financial support to develop their own programming and services enriching student life at UH Hilo. The mandatory student fees are collected and expended in accordance with each CSO’s mission and philosophy. Although providing funding for UH Hilo RISOs, departments and programs is not part of the CSO's missions, they do recognize the contributions that these groups provide and it's positive impact on student life at UH Hilo.
The timeline for the committee's next round of awarding for the 2018-2019 academic year is listed below:
- Call for proposals: Friday, October 12, 2018.
- Deadline for submission: Friday, November 16, 2018, 4:00 pm. Completed applications may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off attention to CSO Funding Committee, c/o Matt Kalahiki , Campus Center, rm 210.
- Announcement of awards: no earlier than Monday, December 17, 2018.
- Activities and projects being proposed must take place between Monday, January 7, 2019 and Thursday, May 2, 2019.
- Niloofar Soltanipour, UHHSA Graduate Senator (Co-Chair)
- Brittany Luna, UHHSA Senator-At-Large (Co-Chair)
- Kimberly Hutchinson, SAC Executive Chair
- Hannah Pavao, BOSP Vice-Chair
- Ethan Paguirigan, BOMB Vice-Chair
- Jessica Brown, Campus Center Fiscal Clerk
- Matthew Kalahiki , Campus Center Administrative and Fiscal Support (Advisor)