CSO Funding Committee
The UH Hilo Chartered Student Organization (CSO) Funding Committee serves as an advisory committee to the UH Hilo CSOs including the UH Hilo Student Association (UHHSA), Student Activities Council (SAC), Board of Student Publications (BOSP), Board of Media Broadcasting (BOMB), and Campus Center Fee Board (CCFEE).
The purpose of this committee is to provide opportunities to UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organizations (RISOs) to request financial support to develop their own programming and services enriching student life at UH Hilo. The mandatory student fees are collected and expended in accordance with each CSO’s mission and philosophy. Although providing funding for UH Hilo RISOs, funding is not part of the CSO's missions and therefore not required. CSOs do recognize the contributions that these groups provide and it's positive impact on student life at UH Hilo.
The timeline for the committee's next round of awarding for the 2020-2021 academic year is listed below:
- Call for Proposals: 10/1/2020 thru 10/15/2020
- Once available, completed applications may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off attention to CSO Funding Committee, c/o Matthew Kalahiki , Campus Center, rm 210.
- Announcement of Spring 2021 Funded Proposals: 11/20/2020
- Activities and projects being proposed must take place between: 1/11/2021 and 5/14/2021
- Kit Neikirk, UHHSA Vice-President and Acting UHHSA RISO Vice-Chair
- Nadra Nour, UHHSA Graduate Senator and UHHSA Hilo Ambassador Chair
- Donald Sachs, UHHSA Hilo Ambassador Vice-Chair
- Joyce Bautista, SAC Treasurer
- Jessica Loeffler, BOSP Treasurer
- Matthew Kalahiki , Campus Center Administrative and Fiscal Support (Advisor)
- Maile Boggeln , Student Organizations Coordinator (Advisor)