The Skål International Hawaii Chapter has awarded a $1500 scholarship to CoBE senior Reynelson Martin Jr. This is the first time the scholarship has been awarded to a UH Hilo student. He was nominated by Dr. Angela Fa‘anunu, Kitaro Watanabe Distinguished Visiting Professor of Tourism at the College of Business and Economics.
Last year, the College of Business & Economics received a scholarship endowment from the estate of James P.D. Thropp, Jr.
Beta Gamma Sigma, the premier business honor society, has inducted six students from the College of Business and Economics. Membership in BGS is among the highest honors a student in a school of business can achieve.
CoBE faculty have a tradition of individually sponsoring students and covering students’ one-time membership and initiation costs.
Our 2020 Beta Gamma Sigma inductees are
Founded in 1913, Beta Gamma Sigma honors top performing students from business schools accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). BGS is a member of the Association of College Honor Societies (ACHS).
Congratulations to CoBE accounting students Karen Basham, Jillian De Coite, Noel Jacob, Hana Jung-Okuda, Michelle Morris, Amber Nagata, and Aron Risley.
These students are recipients of CMA (Certified Management Accountant) scholarships from the Institute of Management Accountants. The CMA is one of the most respected accounting certifications in the profession.
Our students will have up to three years to complete all parts of the CMA exam for free. They will also have 2 -year free access to the online test bank materials to study for the exam.
For CoBE Students
For CAFNRM Students
About James P.D. Thropp, Jr.
“I know all the recipients will appreciate Jim’s scholarships and be inspired to study, work hard and hopefully all have good, full lives,” she said.
- Awardees must be declared as pursuing a major, minor, or certificate in the college in which the course is offered, CAFNRM or CoBE respectively.
- Awardees must have a minimum 2.0 college GPA. Students who do not have a college record must have a minimum 3.0 high school GPA.
- Awardees may receive up to two $200 stipends per summer term. For example, if a student is among the first 8 to register and pay for MGT 300 and for QBA 394, that student will receive $400 for the first term of summer session.
- CoBE awardees will be selected by the CoBE Student and Alumni Relations Committee. CAFNRM awardees will be selected by the CAFNRM Financial Aid Committee. Committee decisions are final.
- Awards will be distributed after the refund date.
- We will do our best to offer the listed courses. However courses may be changed or cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control.