Chancellor Bonnie D. Irwin is pleased to announce 12 members of the new UH Hilo Community Advisory Board. The board had its first meeting on Jan. 31, 2022.
The primary purpose of the board is to help support the mission and forward the vision of the University of Hawai‘i at Hilo in partnership with the Hawai‘i Island community. The role of the board is similar to that of a corporate board of directors in terms of advocacy and providing guidance on strategic matters that will advance the educational, research, and outreach programs of the university.
The members include proud alumni, and all are heavily invested in the community and university.
- Keali‘i Beck, Realtor/Broker and Design/Development Consultant, Keller Williams Realty & KnR Consultants (also the parent of a student).
- Chad Cabral, Chief Executive Officer, Boys and Girls Club of the Big Island.
- Diane Chadwick, Director of Community Philanthropy, Hawai‘i Island, Hawai‘i Community Foundation.
- Jason Fujimoto, President & CEO, HPM.
- Jacqui Hoover, Executive Director & COO, Hawai‘i island Economic Development Board President, Hawai‘i Leeward Planning Conference.
- Amy Kalili, Partner and Co-Founder, Pilina First LLP.
- Randy Kurohara, Executive Director, Community First Hawai‘i.
- Wendy Laros, President and CEO, Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce.
- Kellie Miyazu, Executive Director/Education Director/Graphic Design, East Hawai‘i Cultural Center.
- Kamuela Plunkett, Land and Relationship Planner, County of Hawai‘i Department of Planning.
- Janette Snelling, Complex Area Superintendent (Hamakua, Kealakehe, Kohala, Konawaena), West Hawai‘i Complex Area.
- Audrey Takamine, Vice President, Takamine Construction, Inc.