Happy Administrative Professionals Day!

Aloha,

Spring typically brings excitement to any university campus as we prepare for commencement and celebrate accomplishments.

If this were any other year, we would be celebrating Earth Day this week, and all of the many connections we have with this awe-inspiring place in which we live.

If this were any other year, I would also be taking the staff in the administrative building out to lunch because it is also Administrative Professionals Day! Lunch and flowers will have to wait until we are all together on campus again, but even in the online environment, I can say “thank you”!

I hope administrators, faculty, and students will join me in thanking our hard-working administrative professionals today. Our clerical and APT staff are the backbone of our campus, supporting us in myriad ways. Even while working from home, they are keeping us going, making sure our operations are running smoothly as we try to finish the semester strong for the sake of our students and our community.

MAHALO for everything you do for us! I look forward to seeing all those smiling faces when we are all allowed to return to our posts. On behalf of the whole campus, I thank you for your dedication to UH Hilo and our students.

Bonnie D. Irwin, Chancellor

Photo of white hibiscus by Bonnie Irwin.

Published in All Posts Remarks, Messages, & Writings