Aloha UH Hilo ‘Ohana,
I am pleased to announce the appointment of the search committee for the next University of Hawai‘i at Hilo vice chancellor for academic affairs. The committee is expected to begin its work in August.
It is important that we recruit and hire an experienced leader with the vision and energy to develop and advance our campus strategic academic priorities.
The committee is charged with the responsibility of screening applicants, interviewing qualified applicants online and then the finalists in person.
The 13-member committee represents the diverse perspective of the campus including faculty from each of the colleges, the Faculty Congress, and direct reports to the vice chancellor:
- Bruce Matthews, Dean, College of Agriculture, Forestry and Natural Resource Management
- Jené Michaud, Chair and Professor, Department of Geology
- Lois Fujiyoshi, Executive Director, Budget and Business Management
- Lara Gomez, Director of Clinical Education, Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy
- Charmaine Higa-McMillan, Professor, Department of Psychology
- Rodney Jubilado, Chair, Division of Humanities; Associate Professor, Filipino Studies, Department of Languages
- Jim Mellon, Executive Director, Global and Intercultural Education Programs;
Director, International Student Services and Intercultural Education, Division of Student Affairs
- Hiapo Perreira, Associate Professor, Academic Division Chair, Ka Haka ‘Ula O Ke‘elikōlani College of Hawaiian Language
- Jan Ray, Chair, Faculty Congress; Professor, School of Education
- Joseph Sanchez, Director, Mookini Library
- Sijie Sun, Assistant Professor, Marketing, College of Business and Economics
- Michael Taylor, President, UH Hilo Student Association
- Shelby Wong, Curriculum, Catalog, Graduate Division Specialist