The University of Hawai‘i at Hilo’s Strategic Planning Committee* announced today that Chancellor Straney has accepted the final draft of UH Hilo’s 2011-2015 Strategic Plan. The chancellor will outline processes to support its implementation at the start of the fall semester. The plan will be sent to the UH system Board of Regents this coming academic year.
The plan was endorsed by the three governance/advisory bodies represented on the Strategic Planning Committee: Faculty Congress, Hanakahi Council, and UH Hilo Student Association. From those people who completed the endorsement surveys, there was an indication of 88% endorsement from faculty and staff, and 84% from students.
The final draft is the culmination of many months of work and significant input from UH Hilo stakeholders. The Strategic Planning Committee’s final progress report summarizes the activities of the committee and next steps on approval and implementation of the plan.
For more information: email email@example.com
*Strategic Planning Committee:
- Maria Haws (College of Agriculture, Forestry and Natural Resource Management)
- Errol Yudko (College of Arts and Sciences: Social Sciences Division)
- Mazen Hamad (College of Arts and Sciences: Natural Sciences Division)
- Jackie Johnson (College of Arts and Sciences: Humanities Division)
- Kelly Burke (College of Business and Economics, and Committee Chair)
- Karen Pellegrin (College of Pharmacy)
- Pila Wilson (Ka Haka ‘Ula of Ke‘elikōlani College of Hawaiian Language)
- Thora Abarca (Non-Instructional Faculty, Library)
- Kainoa Ariola (Non-Instructional Faculty, Advising)
- Harry Yada (Staff, Real Property)
- Jim Cromwell (Staff, Admissions)
- Marcia Sakai (Executive Representative, Committee Vice-Chair)
- Elizabeth Stacy (Faculty Congress Representative)
- Gail Makuakane-Lundin (Hanakahi Council Representative)
- Dee Drozario (Student Representative)
- Tracey Niimi (Student Alternate)
- Barry Mark (Community Member)
- Siān Millard (Strategic Planning Coordinator, Non-Voting Member)