Have formal Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs) or Student Learning Outcomes (SLOS) been developed?
At the end of this course, the learner will be able to (objectives):
Provider of Care
1. Critically analyze the health care needs of a population of clients with special health care needs.
2. Discuss various methods of initiating and coordinating comprehensive health care plans in collaboration with agency and community resources.
3. Evaluate the effectiveness of teaching-learning strategies for client education for health problems and to prevent disease complications.
4. Analyze communication for cultural sensitivity in verbal and non-verbal content as it relates to individuals and groups within formal and informal settings.
5. Examine correct protocols in communicating with different agencies
servicing the client.
Planner and Coordinator of Care:
6. Discuss the criteria for quality assurance useful in evaluating community- based health care delivery.
7. Formulate at least one researchable question related to quality of care and management of clients with special health care needs.
8. Describe methods useful in
conducting needs assessments of special populations and community-based organizations.
9. Incorporate agency information and a general literature search into a needs
assessment for the special client group.
10. Explain the methods of analyzing the dynamics involved in the implementation of change.
11. Analyze the assigned agency’s involvement with regulatory and governing bodies and the impact regulations and policies have upon health care delivery.
12. Examine the collaborative role of the nurse in the health care system.
13. Assume a key role in the planning and implementation of a focused project with well defined outcomes.
14. Compare and contrast the assigned
agency’s missions and goals to recognized health promotion criteria.
Promoter of Transcultural Caring:
15. Elaborate on the culturally appropriate behaviors that address the needs of the client group served and the clinical environment.
Published where? (website)
Do PLOs include or imply link to Core Competency? (AY 2016-2017: Oral Communication)?
“Developing effective communication skills that are congruent with cultural values and beliefs”
Process of Core Competency Assessment:
Course (400- level)
Course 457 & 457L
Parameters of the collaborative assignment was to collect data on the community, collaborate with an organization and create an oral presentation for that project. 5 minute oral presentation.
Type of Student Artifact
The students were Senior Nursing.
Rubric or other instrument
GE Rubric for Oral Communication & Collaborative Project Guidelines And Rubric.
Data (measurement of the competency)
See attached data.
Action Taken in Response to the Data (What will you do in response to the Findings?)
Will discuss results in order to improve or maintain competence – 3/5/2018.
Date of Last Program Review