A Hands-on Guide to Hawaiʻi’s Plants
Download curriculum in individual sections at the bottom of the page. Also see some more examples of student work. Some of the files are large. Read on for a description of the sandy shores unit or download the unit overview for a complete description of the lesson format, assessment, and content.
Grade Level: 2nd Grade
Purpose: This curriculum is designed to communicate:
- The life cycle of plants and the how they reproduce
- How plants grow and how we benefit from them in our gardens and culture
- How fun plants can be!
- Unit Overview
- Lesson 1: What is a Plant?
- Lesson 2: Plant Life Cycle Part 1
- Lesson 3: Plant Life Cycle 2
- Lesson 4: We've Bean Growing
- Lesson 5: Lettuce Greenhouses
- Lesson 6: Paniolo Country Part 1
- Lesson 6: Paniolo Country Part 2
- Lesson 7: Family Cookbook
- Lesson 8: Dryland Kalo
- Lesson 9: What Plants Need
- Lesson 10: Two Beet or Not to Beet
- Lesson 11: Terrarium Project
- Lesson 12: Make a Garden