Your application evaluation is based on your secondary school academic record. We will review your course selections and performance in grades 9-12, as well as the trend of your academic history, and standardized test scores.
On this page:
Step 1. Before Application
A. Review Admission Requirements
- 2.7 cumulative GPA
- High school coursework in the following subject areas:
- 4 units of English
- 3 units of Math
- Algebra I, Geometry, & Algebra II
- 3 units of Natural Sciences
- Physical Science, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, etc.
- 7 units of college preparatory electives
- Social Sciences, Foreign Languages, Additional Mathematics and Sciences
- Additional units of Math and Science strongly recommended for science majors.
- Cumulative GPA below 2.7 considered on a sliding scale with official ACT/SAT scores.
B. Review Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) Eligibility
For residents of Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Oregon, Utah, Wyoming, Washington state, Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI), Guam or Republic of the Marshall Islands.
Step 2. Complete Application
Once you submit your application, you will be able to:
- No application fee
- Download/Print your application.
Step 3. After Application
Official notification of your admissions decision will be sent to you via email and mail. If your application is incomplete, you will be notified by mail or by an admissions counselor for additional information. If you have been accepted to UH Hilo, please complete your enrollment steps.