Awards from the Department of Languages
On this page:
- Japanese Studies major; Spring 2021 graduate
- High GPA: 3.91 out of 127 credit hours;
- very serious about studying Japanese language and culture;
- demonstrated leadership in classes as a team project leader;
- assisted many Japanese studies events and Japanese Student Association events, such as Japanese movies, cultural festivals, peace concerts, and the Hiroshima-Nagasaki A-bomb Exhibition;
- demonstrated strong academic performance in Chinese Studies courses and actively helped Chinese culture events on campus.
- A double major in Japanese Studies and Anthropology;
- High GPA: 3.94 out of 51 credit hours;
- all A's for his five Japanese studies courses;
- hardworking, perfect attendance, deep engagement in subjects of study;
- high academic enthusiasm in Japan;
- completed excellent projects in Japanese studies courses, such as
- analyzing women in The Tale of Genji
- globalization of pop culture
- works for the Christian church with his parents in Waimea;
- honored as an Island Treasure of the West Hawaii Vicariate.
- Environmental Science major and pursuing a Spanish Studies Certificate;
- has taken all four of the sequence 101, 102, 201, and 202 in Spanish, with a final grade of 97% in Spanish 202;
- excellent academic performance, consistent in her timing and work, while always maintaining a very high academic average;
- one of the highest scoring students, most prepared, excellent language understanding;
- her work ethic is phenomenal.