Prepare to Begin Your Graduate Career
Steps to Get Ready
1. Email your intent to accept or decline this offer of admission to the Graduate Division (email@example.com). A response by May 1st is appreciated, unless otherwise noted in your acceptance letter.
2. Return the completed Health History form to the Student Medical Services office. Receipt of this form is required before you will be able to register for your classes. If you are currently a student at UH Hilo, you may call the Student Medical Services office at 808-932-7369 to confirm if they need an updated form.
3. Be sure to have a final transcript noting completion of your degree sent to the Graduate Division if you are currently enrolled. It is not necessary to order UH system transcripts.
4. If you plan to apply for Federal Financial Aid- UH Hiloʻs financial aid code is 001611.
5. Before arriving on campus, please create a UH username and password. The username will also grant you access to a UH email account. You will need your student ID number, printed at the bottom of your acceptance letter to create your username and password.
6. Check your UH email account frequently from acceptance through graduation. Official notices are sent only to UH email addresses. You are responsible for information sent through this official channel of communication.
7. Official notification of the general Graduate Student orientation and your programʻs specific orientation will be emailed to your UH email address when dates and times are finalized. Orientation occurs during the week prior to the start of classes. You should make every effort to attend. For some programs, orientation is mandatory.
8. Notification of which classes you should take in your first semester will be communicated to you via email by your program director. Registration will occur via the STAR GPS System, learn more about the system below.
9. Fall 2017 classes begin on Monday August 21, 2017
We look forward to meeting you in the Fall. Welcome to UH Hilo!
- Graduate Student Resources
- Campus Maps
- UH Hilo Parking Office
- Edwin H. Mookini Library
- Off Campus Housing
- Office of the Registrar
- Student Life Center
- Tuition Schedule
Please direct questions about registration to Māhealani Jones in the Graduate Division (firstname.lastname@example.org, 808-932-7926).
Questions specific to your graduate program may be addressed to the Program Chair noted in your acceptance letter.