GW. World Cultures Requirement Fall 2011 and Thereafter
6 semester hours.
Students select two semester courses. These courses offer a broad, integrated analysis of cultural, economic, political, scientific, philosophical, religious and social developments that recognizes the diversity of human societies, diverse cultural traditions and cross-cultural interaction.
These courses are certified as meeting the World Cultures requirement effective Fall 2011 and thereafter. Students using the 2011-2012 catalog who wish to apply to the World Cultures requirement courses not listed on this page must submit a Request for Modification of Academic Requirement.
- AG 230 Sustainable Agriculture
- ANTH 100 Cultural Anthropology
- ANTH 320 Cross-Cultural Study of Women
- ANTH 324 Culture, Sex, and Gender
- ANTH 372 Culture through Film
- ENG 201 Global Cinema
- ENG 202 Literature of Human Rights
- ENG 253 World Literature: Class – 17th Century
- ENG 254 World Literature: 17th Cent – Present
- ENG 275 Literature of the Earth
- ENG 289 The Rhetoric of Food
- GEOG 102 Geography of World Cultural Regions
- HIST 151 World History: To 1500
- HIST 152 World History: From 1500
- POLS 251 Introduction to Comparative Politics
- WS 201 Global Cinema
- WS 202 Literature of Human Rights
- WS 320 Cross-Cultural Study of Women
- WS 324 Culture, Sex, and Gender
- WS 357 Women and Religion