GQ. Quantitative Reasoning Requirement Fall 2011 through Summer 2018
This page is for GE from 2011-2018. For information about the GE program beginning in Fall 2018, please see the GE homepage. See UH Hilo Catalog back issues for descriptions of older courses.
6 semester hours.
From the list of courses certified as meeting the GE Quantitative Reasoning requirements, students select a one semester lower-division course in Mathematics and a second course in Mathematics or another field. These courses enable students to understand the use of mathematical or symbolic concepts and require students to develop skills in chains of reasoning from data to conclusions.
- These courses are certified as meeting the Quantitative Reasoning requirement effective Fall 2011 through Summer 2018.
- Please note effective dates: a course must have been certified when you took the course to count towards the requirement.
- Students using catalogs between 2011-2018 who wish to apply the Quantitative Reasoning requirement to courses not listed on this page must submit a "Request for Modification of Academic Requirement" form which can be found on the Office of the Registrar - Commonly Used Forms page.
Select one course from List A, and one course from either List A or List B:
- MATH 100 Survey Of Math (effective Fall 2011)
- MATH 135 Precalc: Elementary Functions (effective Fall 2016, formerly certified as MATH 104F 2011-2015)
- MATH 140 Precalc:Trig/Analytic Geometry (effective Fall 2016, formerly certified as MATH 104G 2011-2015)
- MATH 140X Precalculus (effective Fall 2016, formerly certified as MATH 104 2011-2015)
- MATH 125 Applied Calculus (effective Fall 2016, formerly certified as MATH 115 2011-2015)
- MATH 115 Intro to Stats and Prob (effective Fall 2011, formerly certified as MATH 121)
- MATH 241 Calculus I (effective Fall 2018, formerly certified as MATH 205 2011-2017)
- MATH 242 Calculus II (effective Fall 2018, formerly certified as MATH 206 2011-2017)
- MATH 243 Calculus III (effective Fall 2018, formerly certified as MATH 231 2011-2017)
- ASTR 180 Princ Of Astron I (effective Fall 2011)
- CHEM 100 Chemistry and Society (effective Fall 2012)
- CS 138 Intro to Computing with Robots (effective Fall 2015)
- CS 282 Practical Comp for Sci & Engg (effective Fall 2012)
- ECON 131 Intro To Macroeconomics (effective Fall 2011)
- ECON 340 Money & Banking (effective Fall 2011)
- ED 243 Intro to Math for Elem Tch (effective Fall 2016)
- ENSC 100 Intro to Environmental Science (effective Fall 2016)
- FIN 220 Personal Finance (effective Fall 2015)
- GEOG 201 Interp Geog Data (effective Fall 2012)
- GEOL 170 Volcanoes and Earthquakes (effective Fall 2012)
- MARE 250 Statistical Apps in Marine Sci (effective Fall 2013)
- PHIL 345 Symbolic Logic (effective Fall 2011)
- PHYS 170L Gen Phys I Lab (effective Fall 2016)
- PHYS 272L Gen Phys II Lab (effective Fall 2016)
- POLS 280 Methods of Research (effective Fall 2015)
- QBA 260 Business Statistics (effective Fall 2011)
- SOC 280 Statistical Reasoning and SOC 280L Lab in Statistical Reasoning (effective Fall 2011)