Distance Learning Faculty Resources
If you need immediate assistance with your online or hybrid course(s), contact the UH Hilo Distance Learning Team members at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On this page:
- Online Course Design Assistance - contact Cindy Yamaguchi .
- Laulima Training Videos and Guides
- Important information on how to setup your Interactive Digital Access Program (IDAP) textbook/resource in Laulima.
- Request Assistance from Laulima Admin.
- For fast answers, view Laulima's General Help files .
- Laulima Fix-its for Making Your Online Life Better!
Course Design and Development
- Learn how to Design Your Online Course at UH Hilo.
- Have a Question? Check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's).
- Check these Helpful Resources.
- The Best Practices are provided via focused "to-the-point" information and guidance covering:
The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo's goal is to assure the high quality and integrity of all online courses and to meet accreditation standards for our online programs. This is being accomplished through the Quality Online Course Design Certification program, a careful and systematic review of an online course using the Quality Online Course Review Rubric (download this form fillable Word (.docx) file). To get started contact visit our Quality Online Course Certification program information.
Online Learning Readiness Check
Are your students ready for online learning? Help them succeed online by:
- Assigning them to complete the Online Learning Readiness Check.
- Require them to forward the resulting Certificate of Completion to you prior to the beginning of your course.
- Looking for some great Professional Development opportunities to continue with, or get you started on, your online course development? Visit the Faculty DL Professional Development Opportunties webpage.
- Access additional information about UH Hilo-based Professional Development opportunities, such as the UH Hilo Professional Development Committee, the Academic Professional Development Program, and more.
- Access the current University Policy and Service Statements for:
- Academic Advising
- Academic Success
- Disability Services
- Mental Health/Suicide Prevention
- Title IX
- For more information about Distance Learning visit the UH Systemʻs Distance Learning Administration website .
- Make your online course more accessible using these ADA Accessibility Guidelines.
- Check these Copyright Guidelines before using copyrighted materials.
- Access Multimedia Resources such as Hālāwai, MatLab, Mookini Library Films on Demand, Turnitin, and more.
- Library Support - online reserve and curriculum support information.
- HITS (Hawaiʻi Interactive Television System):
- Help Desks:
- Hilo Bookstore - sells/rents books and offers a wide range of supplies.
- The UH Online Innovation Center (UHOIC) is part of the Academic Technologies group in Information Technology Services (ITS) and provides instructional design and consultation and instructional design opportunities across the UH System.
Technical Support and Training
- For faculty training and support information go to the UH Hilo Distance Essentials website.