Distance Learning Faculty Resources
- Log in to Laulima
- Online Course Design Assistance - contact Cindy Yamaguchi
- Request Assistance from Laulima Admin.
- For fast answers, view Laulima's General Help files
- Laulima Fix-its for Making Your Online Life Better!
- Learn how to Design Your Online Course at UH Hilo.
- Have a Question? Check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's).
- Register to Attend a Workshop.
- Check these Helpful Resources.
- The Best Practices are provided via focused "to-the-point" information and guidance covering:
The University of Hawaii at Hilo's goal is to assure the high quality and integrity of all online courses and to meet accreditation standards for our online programs. This is being accomplished through the Quality Online Course Design Certification program, a careful and systematic review of an online course using the Quality Online Course Design Guidelines Checklist (Also available as a PDF). To get started contact Cindy Yamaguchi , (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Online Learning Readiness Check
Are your students ready for online learning? Help them succeed online by:
- Assigning them to complete the Online Learning Readiness Check.
- Require them to forward the resulting Certificate of Completion to you prior to the beginning of your course.
- Access the current University Policy and Service Statements for:
- Academic Advising
- Academic Success
- Disability Services
- Mental Health/Suicide Prevention
- Title IX
- For more information about Distance Learning visit the UH Systemʻs Distance Learning Administration website
- Make your online course more accessible using these ADA Accessibility Guidelines.
- Check these Copyright Guidelines before using copyrighted materials.
- Access Multimedia Resources such as Hālāwai, MatLab, Mookini Library Films on Demand, TurnItIn, and more.
- Library Support - online reserve and curriculum support information
- HITS (Hawaii Interactive Television System)
- Help Desks:
- Hilo Bookstore - sells/rents books and offers a wide range of supplies
- The UH Online Innovation Center (formerly known as the Digital Media Center) was launched in August 2019 to expand instructional design services to faculty and staff across the System.
Tech Support and Training Contacts
- Instructional Technology and Technical Support
- Instructional Technology Training
- Troubleshooting and Repair
- Information Technology Services
- Register for workshops about Laulima, MS Office, and more.