Help For Distance Learning Students
Online Learning Readiness Check
Is an online course right for you? Complete the Online Learning Readiness Check now to check your computer system, skills, and also go through an online orientation in Laulima to help you be successful in an online course.
- Blog Postings found on Rasmussen College’s Website:
Learn More About Distance Learning (DL) at UH
- Do you have questions about Distance Learning (DL) or what programs are available?
- Are you unsure if DL is right for you?
- If you're already a DL student, do you need information about book ordering or financial aid?
If you answered "yes!" to any of these questions you can get answers to all of these questions and more at the UH System: Remote Learning in Spring 2021.
- Review the Technology Requirements before using Laulima.
- Register for a free online Laulima Orientation.
- For questions about the orientation, email the UH Online team.
- Access Laulima through the Laulima Portal
- For problems with Laulima, Request Assistance from the Help Desk.
- For self-help information about Laulima and its tools, refer to the Laulima General Help guides.
Student DL Guides
The University of Hawaiʻi System offer courses in three delivery modes - cable, interactive video (ITV), and online. The following guides will provide students information and tips on how to succeed:
DL Tool Guides
Your instructor may use the following tools in your course so here are some helpful guides:
Technology Help Desk
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- My instructor tells me to click on items in the Tool Menu such as Announcements, Lessons, etc. but I can't see them. Why is the Tool Menu missing?
- What do I need to do to log in on a campus computer?
- More FAQs!
UH Hilo Library: Distance Learning Librarian
One of the library's goals is to help you be successful. Learn about all of the great services that are available to you as a UH Hilo distance learning student.
- How do I find an online book or journal article for my research paper?
- I can't get into a resource like JSTOR or Films on Demand.
- Can I get help from a librarian?
Contact the Career and Academic Advising department for helpful information such as discussing your educational possibilities and getting answers any questions you may have about pursuing your education at UH Hilo. Career and Academic Advising staff can be reached:
- via email,
- via phone at 808-932-7776, or
- you can schedule an online meeting appointment via Google Meet and/or Zoom and speak with an advisor.
Any student with a documented disability who would like to request accommodations should contact Disability Services as early in the semester as possible.
- Information on UH System locations for proctor support of an online course.