Faculty Senate Meeting April 30, 2021
Attendance: Sijie Sun (Chair), Sukhwa Hong (Vice Chair), Andrey Simonov, Angela Faanunu, Terrance Jalbert, Keisuke Nakao, Todd Inouye, Amirhossein Mohammadian, Kimberly Furumo, Benjamin Zenk, Deborah Hughes, Emmeline de Pillis (ex officio), Jennifer Stotter, and Kris Rodney
- Kristen Roney
- Jennifer Stotter (4:15pm, student classroom/Title IX issues)
- Accept the minutes from prior electronic meetings
Report: COBE Senate Minutes 20210409 (See Appendix B)
- Amirhossein Mohammadian moved to motion, and the motion was seconded by Andrey Simonov.
- The motion was approved with 10 votes in favor, 0 against, and 0 abstained.
- Leadership transmission
Report: CoBE leadership transmission
Action: The motion is to appoint Sukhwa Hong as 2021-2022 CoBE Senate Chair and Todd Inouye as CoBE Senate Vice Chair.
- Andrey Simonov moved to motion, and the motion was seconded by Kimberly Furumo.
- The motion was approved with 8 votes in favor, 0 against, and 2 abstained.
- Update the master syllabi with learning objectives and course map. Update Kuali with changing prereqs.
Action: The list of changes to be entered in Kuali will be distributed to the Senate by the chair in fall.
- Assessment committee updates on curriculum map, AoL responsibilities for faculty teaching core courses, potential schedule, and feedbacks from rubrics.
Current CoBE Vision:
The CoBE will continue to be an important source of management expertise for the local and global community. The CoBE will strengthen our position as a destination of choice for students seeking a lifelong personal and professional network. Our graduates will be valued as competent, confident and ethical business leaders.
Proposal 1 - To update the CoBE vision to the following statement. (Passed on 4/30/21)
The CoBE will be a destination of choice for students and community stakeholders seeking a lifelong personal and professional network, exemplary instruction, and a one-of-a-kind, well-rounded business education. Our graduates will be valued as bold, capable, and grounded 21st century leaders.
Action: Revision of CoBE vision statement
- Todd Inouye moved to motion, and the motion was seconded by Amirhossein Mohammadian.
- The motion was approved with 9 votes in favor, 0 against, and 0 abstained.