- Rhizomes were thoroughly washed and then sliced into approx. 0.5 cm discs.
- The discs were transferred to 20 ml distilled water, incubated at room temperature for 20 minutes, and removed to plastic bags.
- 200 ul of the water samples were transferred to microfuge tubes and placed in a boiling water bath for 2 minutes.
- 1 ul of these boiled samples were used as templates in PCR assays.
- Additionally, an inoculation loop was touched to each ginger disc and streaked on PT-M2 media.
Here are pictures of the plates after overnight incubation. Samples match the plants in the plant photos.
We are now subculturing from these plates, to sort out what we have in this mix. Some close ups of the picked colonies are shown below.