Welcome To UHHSA!
Mahalo to everyone who has helped UHHSA through this entire school year! It has been an enriching experience working with UH Hilo administration, the Board of Regents, and the Hawaii State Legislature. UHHSA is looking forward to another great year!
UHHSA Elections Completed! [Updated 04-06-10]
Since most of you know...candidates for UHHSA next year all ran unopposed. I guess its no surprise who won for each position:
- President: Kelson Ho'omano Pakele
- Vice President: Kanoelani T. Pu'uohau-Vasquez
- Data Director: Nick Turner
- Treasurer: Candace Miki'ala Akiona
- Ka Haka 'Ula O Keʻelikōlani College of Hawaiian Language: Jean Ku'ulei Bezilla
- College of Business & Economics: Tracey Niimi
- College of Pharmacy: Daniel Hu
- Senator at Large: Kayla Sauafea
- Senator at Large: Rodolfo "RJ" Mendoza
- Senator at Large: Shawn Asistin
Please come back to the UHHSA website after April 30th for more information on filling the other open senate seats on UHHSA.
New! UHHSA By-Laws & Guidelines [10-19-09]
UHHSA has just approved by-laws and guidelines. The by-laws are the policies of UHHSA that focus our overall function beyond the scope of the Constitution. The purpose of the guidelines are to focus UHHSA procedures and year to year function of our organization. Currently the by-laws are awaiting final ratification. Please visit our "forms" page for the downloads.
We, the University of Hawaii at Hilo Student association look to
accurately represent the views of the entire student body. We act as a liaison
between the student body and the college administration through active
collaboration with faculty, state legislatures and student organizations. We
encourage participation in campus governance and the college community.
To be credible student leaders that support a sustainable and educational community.