Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
At the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo, the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs advises and assists the Chancellor and provides leadership to the academic and academic-related units of the university. Among the many responsibilities of the position, the Vice Chancellor
- oversees academic planning, academic program review, and curriculum development
- maintains liaison with other campuses of the University of Hawaiʻi system and with such external groups as the Legislature of the State of Hawaii
- coordinates with the accreditation liaison officer to WASC, the commission that accredits the university
- supervises the deans of the five UH Hilo colleges and the director of Library, evaluating and approving their recommendations for faculty hiring, promotion, and tenure
- supervises budget preparation for the academic and academic-related programs, allocating and reallocating funds and resources to and from these programs.
- provides leadership in creating and maintaining academic standards and policies
See the complete description of the Vice Chancellor's responsibilities.
The Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs is Dr. Matthew Platz.
The Secretary of the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs is Jenny Wakida.
- Academic Policies
- Colleges and Academic Departments
- Teaching and Advising
- Research Council
- Personnel Policies and Procedures
- Curriculum Materials and Forms
- Planning and Budget Resources
- Data Resources
- Program Review Materials (including Provisional to Established)
- Articulation Agreements
- UH Hilo Faculty Congress
- Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs Organization Chart