Faculty Handbook 2012-2013
Click on the sidebar links to go to handbook sections.
The University of Hawai‘i at Hilo Faculty Handbook 2012-2013 has been prepared with input from authoritative sources, including the university Library; the Office of Student Affairs; the Business Office; the Human Resources Office; and the Office of Technology and Distance Learning.
The handbook refers to many documents, almost of all of which are available online; click on the live links to view or download these documents. A print version of the handbook is published each August for distribution at New Faculty Orientation.
In this document, the following abbreviations are used for the six colleges:
- CAFNRM: College of Agriculture, Forestry, and Natural Resource Management
- CAS: College of Arts and Sciences
- CHL: Ka Haka ‘Ula O Ke‘elikōlani College of Hawaiian Language
- CoBE: College of Business and Economics
- CoP: College of Pharmacy
- CCECS: College of Continuing Education and Community Service
The handbook contains UH Hilo academic policies in appropriate sections, highlighted for prominence' as well as references and extracts from UH system policies. Two essential web resources on university policies are:
- UH Hilo academic policies: http://hilo.hawaii.edu/policies/
- UH Hilo policies and UH System policies: http://hilo.hawaii.edu/chancellor/UniversityPolicies.php
The information in this handbook is checked each summer for accuracy and currency and may be updated during the academic year if the appropriate office provides more current information. Readers are encouraged to check with the appropriate office when any doubt arises about the accuracy or currency of handbook information.
Email questions, corrections and updates for the 2012-2013 handbook edition to the handbook editor at email@example.com
UH Hilo is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution. The faculty handbook will be made available on request in alternative form for people with print disabilities.
Updated July 2012--AKS