- Faculty Handbook 2013-2014. This version is updated periodically.
General Education at UH Hilo
- General Education Basic, Area and Integrative Requirements for students first entering UH Hilo or another campus in the UH system in Fall 2011: The general education homepage provides links to the GE requirements for students graduating under the 2011-2012 and later catalogs, as well as other information and useful forms for students, advisors, and faculty.
- Pre-2011 General Education programs: Consult the catalog under which the student intends to graduate; catalogs for 1997-98 through last year are posted on the Catalog Back Issues page.
Curriculum Central Online Curriculum Proposal Process
Curriculum Central is a UH system-developed online system for curriculum review: faculty complete proposals for new courses, modification of existing courses, and requests for program modification that result from these course changes; approvers review and approve or advise proposers to revise and resubmit.
- Curriculum Central website : Users: log in with UH username and password)
- Curriculum Central Instructions for UH Hilo Users : Curriculum policies, timetable for submission and review of course and program proposals, Curriculum Central instructions for proposers and approvers.
- Academic Expectations and Responsibilities of Students. Approved by the UH Hilo Faculty Congress and the VCAA January 2012.
- Teaching Practices at UH Hilo
- Academic Advising
- Syllabus Checklist
- Recipients of Teaching Awards
- Nomination Forms for BOR Award for Excellence in Teaching (UH Hilo full time tenured or tenure track faculty), Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Teaching (UH Hilo Instructor or Lecturer), Francis Davis Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching (UH Hilo Instructor or Assistant Professor), and Taniguchi Award for Innovation in Teaching
- UH System: 2010 Notification to Faculty on Use of Copyrighted Materials
Teaching Online and in Blended Forms
- UH Hilo Distance Learning Faculty Resources "By Faculty for Faculty". Useful links, models, course design, library support, many other services
- Distance Learning Coordinator. One-stop information source on DL programs, courses
- Specialist: Ed Tech for Teaching and Learning. Training and inspiration for online teaching
- UH Hilo Office of Campus Technology Help Desk
- UH System Instructional Technology: Faculty Resources
- UH System Instructional Technology: Student Resource
Appropriate Behavior: Policies and Procedures
- Preventing and Handling Plagiarism
- Using Turnitin to Prevent/Identify Plagiarism
- Handling Disruptive Behavior in the Classroom
- Policies That Pertain to Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Student Conduct Code
- Academic Complaint Policy [for students]
- UH System Policy and UH Hilo Procedures: Non-Violence in the Workplace
All administrators, faculty, staff, and students are responsible for maintaining a university campus environment that ensures that all members are treated with civility and respect to fulfill the University’s missions and goals. The University fully supports the efforts of the State of Hawaiʻi and is committed to a workplace free of violence