Unsafe Conditions Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
UH Hilo Home > Faculty & Staff > Environmental Health and Safety Office > Unsafe Condition Reports
- What to do in case of an emergency?
- In case of emergency, call campus security x47911 (from a campus phone). Emergency procedures are outlined in the University’s Emergency Operations Plan.
- How do I handle an emergency after normal business hours?
- Call campus security at 974-7911. The security shift supervisor has written procedures to follow depending on the situation.
- What do I do if I am injured at work?
- If you are injured as a result of work-related activities, you may be covered by the University’s Workers’ Compensation program. Contact Ken Ikeda, 933-3300 for copies of the forms and information needed to submit a claim. Forms may also be obtained from the Human Resources Office.
- Where can I find more information regarding EHSO programs?
- The UHH EHSO website is located at: http://hilo.hawaii.edu/uhh/ehso/
- How do I cancel an “Unsafe Conditions” report?
- View the status of your report and enter your email address and the UCR# which was included in your report confirmation email. On that page, you will be able to cancel a pending report.
- As a new Faculty/Staff member, what information do I need to know?
- Information for faculty and staff new to the University of Hawaii System and UH Hilo is available.