Workers' Compensation Information
Welcome! The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo provides Workers' Compensation benefits to eligible UH Hilo employees and volunteers. We value the health and safety of all UH Hilo employees and volunteers. Our mission and vision incorporate programs and policies that ensure UH Hilo provides a safe environment in which to conduct business and in which to play.
Please see the links below for information on eligibility, benefits, and procedures for reporting a work-related injury or illness.
Workers Compensation Memo - June 7, 2010
In the event you are injured or become ill at work, you need to immediately notify your supervisor, Human Resources office, or Workers' Compensation Coordinator about your injury/illness. Per the Workers' Compensation Laws, the University must notify the Department of Labor, Workers' Compensation Division within 7 days. Failure to do so may result in fines to the University.
- What to Do for Work Related Injury/Illness
- What to Do for Work Related Injury/Illness (Supervisor)
- Highlights of the Hawaiʻi Workers' Compensation Law
- Workers' Compensation - Administrative Procedures (Procedure Only)
- UH Form 79 - Report of Work-Related Injury/Illness (to be filled out by employee, supervisor, and Workers Compensation Coordinator)
- UH Form 41 Sick/Vacation Pay During Receipt of Workers’ Compensation Disability Benefits (to be filled out by employee)
- UH form 41 Instructions (under revision)
- UH Form 83 Time-Off For Treatment Of Work-Relayed Injury/Illness (to be filled out by employee and medical provider)