Task Force on Institutional Governance
In September 2008, the campus began the task of addressing the issues of institutional governance with respect to curricular matters that were raised by the June 2008 action letter from the Commission. A task force has been formed, comprised of the Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs, Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs, the Accreditation Liaison Officer, and representatives of each of the degree-granting colleges, the Graduate Council, and the faculty Congress. Records of the task force deliberations and related materials are posted.
Two open meetings were held while the task force deliberated, one on February 9, 2009 and one on April 13, 2009. The final meeting was held on April 24, 2009. The task force produced a system of curriculum review and a parallel system for policy development and review; these are shown in the posted flowcharts below.
The UH Hilo administration with implement these proposals in the summer of 2009.
- Chancellor's October 2008 letter to faculty regarding Task Force
- Chancellor's August 2008 letter to faculty regarding accreditation actions
- Tentative timeline for addressing shared governance issues 2008-2009
Minutes of Task Force Meetings
- October 29, 2008: Minutes
- November 21, 2008: Minutes
- December 5, 2008: Minutes
- December 19, 2008: Minutes
- January 9, 2009: Minutes
- January 23, 2009 Minutes
- February 9, 2009: Open Meeting
- February 13, 2009: Minutes
- February 27, 2009: Minutes
- March 13, 2009: Minutes
- March 23, 2009: Minutes
- April 3, 2009: Minutes
- April 13, 2009: Open Meeting Notes
- Policy Review Process Flow Chart
- Explanatory Notes
- April 24, 2009: Final Meeting of Task Force