Faculty and Staff
The UH Hilo faculty and staff community strives to provide an environment conducive to rigorous student academic achievement while experiencing the concept of aloha in their relationships and social interactions.
UH Hilo Administration
- Faculty and Staff Services provided by the Office of the Registrar includes forms, calendars, and information on accessing student information systems.
- The UH Hilo Faculty Congress is the governance body that speaks for the faculty on all academic matters of concern to more than one unit.
- General Education for Faculty web site.
- MyUH Online Faculty Tutorials.
Need help with logging in to MyUH, checking class lists, and posting final grades? Use the MyUH Online Faculty Tutorials as your guide to MyUH Services. Also be sure to read the MyUH Online Faculty News & Announcements.
- UH Hilo Strategic Plan.
- Teaching Resources includes the Faculty Handbook, syllabus models and checklist and more.
Office of Campus Technology (OCT)
The UH Hilo Office of Campus Technology, formerly Office of Technology and Distance Learning (OTDL), consolidates the functions and support of many of the technologies used on campus under one Chief Technology Officer. Included are the following:
- Computer Help Desk (submit a Trouble Report online or call 932-7040)
- Instructional Technology and User Services
- Publishing Services
- Technology Services and Support
Environmental Health and Safety Office (EHSO)
The Environmental Health & Safety Office's mission is to ensure a safe campus environment for Faculty, Staff, Students, and Visitors.
Facilities Planning and Construction
The Facilities Planning and Construction web site details construction projects around campus.
Office of Institutional Research (OIR)
The Office of Institutional Research provides research for academic departments, faculty committees, and administrative offices as well as external federal and state agencies, accrediting agencies (Western Association of Schools and Colleges) and to various college guidebooks.
The Faculty and staff organizations responsible for labor contracts are:
- University of Hawaiʻi Professional Assembly (UHPA)
- Hawaiʻi Government Employees Association (HGEA)
- United Public Workers (UPW)
For new faculty, view our list of helpful resources on the web including links to other UH system websites, online e-mail account application, instructions to creating homepages on UHUNIX, etc.