The Women's Center is here to service the school, the students, and the community. There are many direct services for students, including helping students in dealing with domestic violence, sexual harassment, gender discrimination, and hate crimes.
- Providing a “safe space” where students can talk story about their lives
- Providing students with the help to find the resources on campus and in the community:
- Providing flyers or pamphlets of community and on-campus resources
- Books, through our lending library, which cover a multitude of topics
- Condoms and Birth Control Information
- Rape Whistles and Lights
- Helping students create safety plans
- Providing students with an understanding of policies on campus:
- Providing students with leadership and empowerment
- Giving students the tools they need to make a difference in the community
- Providing students with different events that help to support leadership and empowerment
- Providing students with the oppurtunity to give back to their community
- Having a donation location at the Women's Center: a place to drop off clothes, sheets, neccessitites, to be donated to Hale Ohana the domestic violence shelter for women
- Giving the opputunity to volunteer for the Women's Center
The Women's Center is here to serve the students. If there is anything you need or need help with, do not hesitate to contact us at (808) 932-7381 or firstname.lastname@example.org.