Disability Services for Students
Aloha [in the Hawaiian language this is translated to mean a very deep and heartfelt welcome] to the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo, Disability Services web site. You will be hopefully joining our campus family here on the "Big Island" of the island chain of Hawaiʻi. Indeed, the islands are as beautiful as the clearest blue waters and as gentle as the calmest summer breeze.
The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo (UH Hilo) is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in the education of student with disabilities as required by Section 504 regulations at 34 CFR Part 104, which are enforced by the U.S. Department of Education, and all other federal/state laws and regulations as well as University policies and procedures related to non-discrimination. UH Hilo promotes a learning environment free of illegal discrimination. No qualified student, on the basis of a disability, shall be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity. The Disability Services office provides leadership and support toward achieving a comprehensive and institution-wide program as it guides, directs, assists and monitors the administration, faculty, and staff to ensure fair and equal treatment of all students with disabilities. Any qualified student with a disability may request accommodations by contacting the Disability Services office at 932-7623 (V), 932-7002 (TTY), firstname.lastname@example.org or through this website. For anyone needing any information regarding the policies, procedures and guidelines concerning students with disabilities, you may visit UH Hilo Disability Service.
Join us now, as we journey along with you on the UH Hilo pathways to learn more about what our office offers and what you may also choose to benefit as a student attending the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. Enjoy your exploration process as you journey through our website. Mahalo and a hui hou [ "thank you" and "until we meet again"].
- Schedule an Exam
- Request for Alternate Format (e.g., text, audio, braille, large print, etc.)
- Student Sign Interpreter Services Request
- How to Apply for Services with Disability Services (en Español)
- Eligibility Requirements for Students with Disabilities (en Español)
- Application Form (PDF) (also en Español)
- Consent to Release Information Form (PDF)
- Agreement Form for Recording Lectures (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How to use DropCanvas
- Tutoring Services on Campus (Kilohana Academic Success Center, Student Support Services Program, Minority Access & Achievement Program).
- We Connect Now - Global Social Networking (jpg)
- Disability Survey for Students - currently inactive
- Scholars with Disabilities Achievement Grant
- Emergency Procedures for Persons with Disabilities (Word doc)
- New Dates for Campus "Green Days"