Who Qualifies for SSSP?
A student must:
- be enrolled (or accepted for enrollment) as a classified student at the University of Hawai'i at Hilo.
- be a U. S. citizen, U. S. national, permanent resident (citizens of the U.S.-affiliated Pacific Islands are eligible)
- have a need for academic support services, and show potential and motivation to be successful in college
- be of low income (check with SSSP for acceptable income levels)
- be a first generation college student (neither parent has a bachelor's
- have a documented disability (documentation must be provided)