15 to Finish Video
There is a new video out encouraging full-time college students in the University of Hawai`i System to take a minimum of 15 credits a semester so they can graduate on time.
15 to Finish was launched earlier this year and includes an aggressive advertising and public relations campaign, which was sparked by the fact that only about 27 percent of all UH students graduate. The campaign is targeted at every student in the UH system, but particularly incoming freshman and their parents. Research has found that students who take at least 15 credits a semester are more likely to do better in school and not only graduate, but graduate on time.
“If that’s not a good enough reason, another reason is that it will save you and your family an enormous amount of money if you are able to finish in four years instead of five years or six years,” said former University of Hawai`i President M.R.C. Greenwood. “Once you have paid for 12 units at the University of Hawai`i, you can take as many units as you would like to take at our four-year campuses.“
Academic Maps - 4 Year Sample Plans for Majors
"Four-year Sample Plans that are designed to help students complete a course of study to complete their degree program in four years" at UH Hilo.
UH System Transfer Course Equivalencies
For UHH transfer equivalencies for the University of Hawai`i at Manoa and the University of Hawai`i Community Colleges (UH System Course Transfer Database), transfer credit information for Pacific Region Schools and a few Mainland colleges in Arizona, California and Colorado, visit the Transfer Credit Information website.
Who is My Advisor?
Students can find out who their assigned faculty advisor is by logging into MyUH: myuh.hawaii.edu
Other Academic Links
- Spring 2014 UH Hilo Classes; Summer 2014 UH Hilo Classes
- UH Hilo Courses by Alpha
- UH Hilo System Course Transfer Database
- UH Hilo Catalog 2013/2014
- UH Hilo Catalogs: Previous Back Issues
- MyUH Portal for online registration services and information
- General Education Basic, Area and Integrative Requirements at UH Hilo
- FAQs About the New General Education Requirements
- Registration Guide
- Requirements for Majors, Minors & Certificates 2013/2014
- Requirements Checklists from previous years
- Request For Modification of Academic Requirements
- Suggested Class Schedules for UH Hilo Majors
- Transcript Requests and Online Transcripts Request Form
- University of Hawaii Class Availability
- College of Agriculture, Forestry, and Natural Resource Management (CAFNRM)
- College of Arts and Science (CAS)
- College of Business and Economics (CoBE)
- Ka Haka 'Ula O Ke'elikōlani, College of Hawaiian Language
- College of Continuing Education and Community Service (CCECS)
- College of Pharmacy
- Graduate Programs
- Distance Learning
- CollegeAtlas: Search for Colleges & Universities throughout the world.
The staff in the SSSP office will meet with you regularly, at least three times per semester, to discuss your academic progress. They can help you with:
- Reviewing current academic progress
- Selecting a Major or Minor
- Planning your Course of Study at UH- Hilo
- Completing General Education Requirements
- Completing the requirements of your Major or Minor
- Adding/Dropping a Course
- Changing your Major
- Registering for the Upcoming Semester
- Arranging Tutoring Sessions
- Discussing Study Skills and Strategies
- Filing for Graduation
- Preparing for Graduate School
Meeting regularly with an SSSP counselor will help you more easily and effectively navigate your academic course to success. For other links to success visit these recommended websites:
- How is College Different From High School
- Study Guides and Strategies
- Kilohana Academic Success Center
- UH Hilo Advising Center
UH Hilo Grade Points
Grade points for each credit hour received in a course will be computed as follows:
|Letter Grade||Grade Points|
Students entering as undergraduates are not given grade points for work done outside UH Hilo.
Use the online gpa calculator to predict your semester gpa; the gpa calculator will factor in pluses(+) and minuses (-) for example B+ or C-: http://www.back2college.com/gpa.htm
Want to raise your gpa? Use the gpa calculator to predict your semester and cumulative gpas: http://www.back2college.com/raisegpa.htm
Here are just a few of the academic success videos available at SSSP to help you streamline your path to academic success! Stop by to preview them here at the SSSP office - Room 211, second floor courtyard. More academic and cultural dvds, videos and books available on various topics. Stop by today!