Updated: April 29, 2015
ACCOUNTEMPS / AICPA STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP
Deadline: April 1 (available later this fall @ aicpa.org)
Eligibility: Planning to pursue the CPA licensure but not presently be a CPA.
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate-level degree in an “accounting-related” major. (“Accounting-related” shall be as determined by Sponsors in Sponsors’ sole discretion.)
- Acceptance/Enrollment at a public or private, not-for-profit (501(c)) four-year college or university located in the U.S. states or territories for full 2015-16 academic year. The business program must be accredited by the AACSB and/or ACBSP. (Exception may be granted, but not guaranteed, at the discretion of Sponsor, email email@example.com if unsure of your eligibility)
- Completed at least 30 semester hours (or equivalent) of college coursework, including at least 6 semester hours (or equivalent) in accounting, by end of spring 2015
- Maintained an overall and major GPA of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Enrolled as a full-time undergraduate (12 semester hours or equivalent) or a full-time graduate level student (9 semester hours or equivalent) for the 2015-16 academic year. (Note: an exception may be granted if you plan to participate in an internship)
- An AICPA student affiliate member (or have submitted a new member application). Apply online at no cost: www.thiswaytocpa.com/aicpa-student-membership
- A U.S. citizen or permanent resident (green card holder) Some financial need (i.e., not receiving a full or partial scholarship(s) and/or grant(s) that cover and/or exceed one’s educational expenses)
Accountemps/AICPA Student Scholarship Program
American Institute of CPAs--Team 331
220 Leigh Farm Road
Durham NC 27707
Award: $2,500 for 5 students
- For minority students in the pursuit of acturial careers. The Casualty Actuarial Society/Society of Actuaries scholarship program is available to African North Americans, Hispanics, and Native North Americans. An applicant must be either U.S citizen or have a permanent resident visa.
- See the site for details on different scholarships and criteria to apply to them.
- See website for more information.
AIR / ARMY NATIONAL GUARD
Deadline: Doesn’t Say
Eligibility: Must have a valid expense from an accredited school
- Be a traditional (part-time) ARNG soldier in an active drilling status
- Eligible beginning the day member joins ARNG, even prior to boot camp or AIT or while yet in high school
- Officers must serve 4 years after course completion
- Enlisted must simply remain in the ARNG during term of courses
- Members receiving an ROTC scholarship are not eligible
Award: Tuition Assistance
ALASKA STATE LOANS & GRANTS
Various contact information
ALU LIKE INC. Hana Lima Scholarship
Deadline: January 2, 2015
Eligibility: Be of Native Hawaiian Ancestry
- Be a resident of the State of Hawai‘i
- Be enrolled at least half time in a vocational degree or certification program in one of the approved educational institutions in Hawai‘i listed on the application.
- Maintain a 2.0 or higher grade point average (GPA)
32 Kinoole Street
Hilo, HI 96720
Award: Tuition & books assistance for Spring, Fall, & Summer semesters
ALU LIKE INC. National Board Certification Scholarship
Deadline: January 2, 2015
Eligibility: a Native Hawaiian educator and/or
- teaching in a school with a high percentage of Native Hawaiian students and/or
- has completed candidate preparation coursework.
Address: ALU LIKE, Inc.
National Board Certification Scholarship
2969 Māpunapuna Place, Suite 200
Honolulu, HI 96819
AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF UNIVERSITY WOMEN HILO BRANCH
Deadline: April 1
Eligibility: Applicant must be a woman graduate of a Big Island High School, or a female student at UH-Hilo with resident status.
She must be pursuing a baccalaureate degree or a post baccalaureate degree/certificate at UH-Hilo and must be at least a junior at the University of Hawaii at Hilo at the beginning of the academic year for which the scholarship is sought.
She must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 and be taking a full course load (12 credits or more).
She must demonstrate financial need.
Cynthia Phillips, firstname.lastname@example.org
Award: Average $1000 per student
AMERICAN BUSINESS WOMEN’S ASSOCIATION (ABWA)
Na Wahine Holomua Chapter in Association with the stephen bufton memorial education fund
Deadline: May 15, 2015
Eligibility: Various Scholarships with Various Eligibilities.
AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY SCHOLARS PROGRAM
Deadline: November 1 - March 1
Eligibility: Be African-American, Hispanic/Latino, or American Indian
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident
- Be a full-time student at a high school or accredited college, university, or community college
- Demonstrate high academic achievement in chemistry or science (Grade Point Average 3.0, "B" or better)
- Demonstrate financial need according to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid form (FAFSA) and the Student Aid Report (SAR) form
- Be a graduating high school senior or college freshman, sophomore or junior intending to or already majoring in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering or a chemically-related scienceORintending to or already pursuing a degree in chemical technology
- Be planning a career in the chemical sciences.
American Chemical Society; ACS Scholars Program,
Department of Diversity programs,
1155 16th Street NW
Washington, DC 20036.
Award: Awards up to $5000 per year
AMERICAN DIETETIC ASSOCIATION FOUNDATION
Deadline: Not Listed
Eligibility: All scholarships require Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics membership.
- Students must be enrolled in one of the following programs a minimum of four months during the academic year starting August to July:
- The junior or senior year of a baccalaureate or coordinated program in dietetics, or
- The second year of study in a dietetic technician program, a dietetic internship program or a graduate program.
- A scholarship may require
- Membership in a specific dietetic practice group (DPG), and/or
- Residency in a specific state.
- A scholarship may be earmarked for underrepresented groups.
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation
120 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 2000
Chicago, Illinois 60606
800/877-1600, ext. 4793
AMERICAN GEOLOGICAL INSTITUTE (AGI) MINORITY GEOSCIENCE SCHOLARSHIPS
Deadline: January 4th, 2016
- For Geoscience majors (Geology, Geophysics, Hydrology, Meteorology, Physical, Oceanography, Planetary Geology, and Earth Science Education)
- Full time students
- Be an Ethnic Minority
- Be a US Citizen
AMERICAN INDIAN EDUCATION FOUNDATION
Deadline: April 4th, 2015
- Submit a completed Undergraduate Scholarship Application
- Provide documentation of tribal enrollment for yourself or your parent
- Provide transcripts with ACT and GPA scores
- Enroll in accredited technical school, college, or university as a full-time undergraduate.
- GPA of at least 2.0 and must submit grade each semester to the committee
AMERICAN INDIAN SCIENCE & ENGINEERING SOCIETY (AISES)
Undergraduate & graduate scholarships
Deadline: October – November 2014
Eligibility: must be a member of AISES
- must be 1/4 American Indian or recognized as a member of a tribe
- must be a full-time undergraduate (12 hours) or graduate (9 hours) student.
AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS SCHOLARSHIPS FOR MINORITY ACCOUNTING STUDENTS
Deadline: June 1
Undergrad Eligibility: A declared accounting major with an overall and accounting GPA of at least 3.0, minority student who has satisfactorily completed at least 30 semester hours or 45 quarter hours or equivalent college work, including at least six sem hours in accounting enrolled as full-time undergrad student (12 sem hours) at a four-year or upper division institution.
Graduate Eligiblity: minority graduate student who is in a five year accounting program or who was an undergraduate accounting major and is presently accepted in a masters-level accounting, business administration, finance or taxation program, or who had any undergraduate major and is presently accepted in a masters-level accounting program enrolled as full time student (nine semester hours or equivalent).
AMERICAN LEGION AUXILIARY Non-Traditional Student Scholarship
Deadline: March 1, 2015
Eligibility: Applicant must be a member of The American Legion, Auxiliary, or Sons of The American Legion.
- Dues must have been paid for the two preceding years and for calendar year in which the application is made.
- Applicant may be pursuing training in a certified, trade, professional, or technical program, or a two-year or four-year degree program.
American Legion Post 3 Hilo, Unit President
PO Box 892, Hilo, HI 96721
ASIAN & PACIFIC ISLANDER AMERICAN SCHOLARSHIP FUND (APIASF)
Deadline: January 09, 2015
Eligibility: Be of Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity as defined by the U.S. Census
- Be a citizen, national, or legal permanent resident of the United States. Citizens of the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia and the Republic of Palau are also eligible to apply
- Be enrolling as an undergraduate student in a U.S. accredited college or university in the Fall of 2015.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale (unweighted) or have earned a GED
- Must apply for federal financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Submit one letter of recommendation online.
1900 L St. NW, Suite 210
Washington, DC 20036
Award: $2,500 - $15,000
ASIAN PACIFIC ISLANDER ORGANIZATION (APIO) USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service Scholarship
Deadline: April 30, 2014
Eligibility: Major in natural resources conservation, agriculture, computer science, or engineering
- Admitted or enrolled in a university
- US citizen of Pacific Island or Asian Descent
Coshocton County Service Center
USDA-Natural Resources Conservation Service
Award: $1000 - $2000
ASSOCIATED CHINESE UNIVERSITY WOMEN, INC.
Deadline: April 15, 2014
Eligibility: Be Chinese or interested in Chinese Culture
- Be U.S. Citizens or permanent residents and State of Hawai'i resident.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.8.
Sybil Kyi, ACUW Scholarship Chair
5930 Haleola St, Honolulu HI 96821
ASSOCIATION ON AMERICAN INDIAN AFFAIRS Undergraduate and graduate scholarships
Detailed Information for each criteria available on each site