Aʻoaʻo Pili Ola Counseling Services
Aloha and E Komo Mai!
Counseling Services provides personal counseling, consultation, and coaching
in a supportive environment to encourage students to develop their unique potential.
Counseling Services provides a safe setting where students can improve mental health
and wellness, and define and achieve academic and personal goals.
- Individual, Couples, and Group services are available.
- Services are private and confidential.
- Services provided at no charge to UH Hilo & Hawaiʻi Community College students
- We seek to be sensitive to students of diverse needs and backgrounds, cultures, ages, and LGBTQIA affirming.
We are located on the 2nd floor of the Student Services Building, E-203.
UH Hilo and Hawaiʻi Community College Students
Students seek counseling for a variety of issues such as:
- Adjusting to university life
- Learning healthy ways to cope with stress
- Enhancing personal relationships
- Treatment for depression, anxiety, & substance abuse
- Coping with crisis (including domestic violence and sexual assault)
- Creating balance in their lives
- Clarifying educational plans and life goals
- Managing ADHD
- Psychiatric referrals
Faculty / Staff Consultation
Counselors consult with faculty and staff on making referrals to the Counseling Center, and working with and supporting others struggling with life events and psychological disorders.
Counselors provide training in listening, gatekeeping, suicide prevention, and helping skills.
Sexual Harassment / Assault
For counseling support, information, advocacy and assistance, please contact us at 932-7465 or the YWCA Sexual Assault Support Services Crisis Hotline at (808) 935-0677.