- What is the Freshman Guaranteed Academic Schedule?
- How does the Freshman Guaranteed Academic Schedule help students?
- How do I find out what my first semester schedule looks like?
- What if I don't like the classes I am enrolled in?
- My schedule doesn't show up in MyUH Portal?
A pre-made schedule given to all entering freshmen in the Fall Semester. Schedules are based on the student's major. The schedules ensure that incoming freshmen receive classes both in their major and/or general education to ensure they remain on track for degree completion; and ease the student's transition into college.
Depending on your major and timing of enrollment, you will be registered in at least one course (3 credits) and possibly as many as four courses (12 credits).
Schedules ensure that students can enroll in the courses they need to maintain timely progress in their chosen degree program. It also gives freshmen students an immediate start to satisfying general education and integrative requirements needed for graduation.
BOTTOM LINE: The Freshman Guaranteed Academic Schedule will help improve students' first-semester academic success and pave the way for a productive second semester as well as their remaining college career.
Log in to your MyUH Portal and find, "Review my class schedule."
Remember, the schedule was created so that you don't need to stress out about enrolling in classes or being uncertain about which classes to take. There is plenty of opportunity from your second semester and beyond to create your own schedules.
You are welcome to add to your schedule if you want to graduate on time or at a faster rate(REMEMBER: 15 credits a semester = graduating in 4 years). After 12 credits, it does not cost you more to do this.
In order to receive a schedule you must be/have done the following:
1) First time freshman (no previous college credits)
2) Be admitted for the fall semester
3) Submit your Intent to Enroll card with the $60.00 non-refundable deposit to UH Hilo Admissions Office.
Be sure to complete your Placement Assessments in a timely manner to ensure optimal course scheduling.
- Chemistry (if you plan on majoring in Math or any of the Natural Sciences)
- English (only if you have NOT submitted your ACT/SAT scores)
Your schedule may be dropped for non-payment by the early payment deadline in July.