Congratulations on your decision to take control of your academic standing! We have compiled a list of resources to help you one your way. As always, you are welcome to contact the Advising Center or any of the student affairs counselors to help you to realize your potential.
Student Support Offices
In addition to the Advising Center, we have various offices on campus to help. If you are affiliated with any of the offices listed below, feel free to contact them.
- New! Kilohana, The Academic Success Center
- Career Center
- Counseling Center
- International Student Services
- Kipuka Native Hawaiian Student Center
- Peer Assistant Linkages and Support Program (PALS)
- Student Development
- Student Support Services Program (SSSP)
A student on first-time probation should seek assistance immediately from the office he or she is already associated and make an appointment as soon as possible. Students on first-time probation not in these programs and who have not yet declared a major, should contact the Advising Center. All others should contact the UH Hilo Counseling Center at (808) 974-7399.
- Academic Success Plan [PDF]
- Reminders for Academic Success [PDF]
- GPA Calculating Spreadsheet - calculate your projected term GPA
- GPA Calculator - Calculate how you'll need to do to reach your desired GPA
- Study Guides and Strategies
- Writing Center - The service is free to any student who desires assistance with a writing assignment. A copy of the current schedule is posted on the door of the Writing Center located in Library Room 239.
- LILO - an interactive, dynamic tutorial introducing students to the critical thinking skills and information and retrieval skills needed to conduct research and write at the college level
- Math Lab - offers free walk-in tutoring that is available to all students needing help with mathematics or mathematical concepts from other areas such as physics, logic, etc.