Entrance Requirements for High School Students
An evaluation of your potential is based on your secondary school academic record. We will review your course selections and performance in grades 9-12, as well as the trend of your academic history, and standardized test scores.
- SAT or ACT scores are required but will not be used unless the academic GPA is less than 3.0
- 3.0 Academic GPA
- GPA below 3.0 considered on a sliding scale with test scores
High School Course Requirements
17 units to include:
- Four units of English
- Three units of Math (including Algebra I, Geometry and Algebra II)
- Three units of Natural Sciences among Physical Science, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, etc.
- Seven units of college preparatory electives (among Social Sciences, Foreign Languages, Mathematics and Sciences)
- Additional units of Math and Science strongly recommended for science majors.
Complete and return a University of Hawaii Application Form or Apply Online while also having the following items sent to the UH Hilo Admissions Office:
- Official SAT or ACT scores
- Official high school transcript
- A $50 Application Fee
- Official results of the TOEFL, TDEIC or cambridge IELTS (for non-native speakers of English)