The University of Hawai‘i at Hilo strongly encourages faculty to apply for extramural funding of scholarly and/or creative activities as well as training grants to enhance instructional capabilities. There are diverse international, federal, state, county and private agencies that provide funds for such activities.
Links for faculty researchers
- Extramural Grant Policies
- Intent to Apply Form
- Submitting a UH Extramural Funding Proposal
- What To Do When You Receive an Extramural Grant Award
- UH Office of Research Services
- The University of Hawai‘i is registered with Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) for use of their interactive, online platform on the Responsible Conduct of Research.
- Committee for Human Studies at the University of Hawaiʻi
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee
- Revised Executive Policy E5.211: Responding to Allegations of Research and Scholarly Misconduct
- UH Hilo Undergraduate Research & Training
For more information about extramural grants, contact Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs Matt Platz. Contact info.