- Academic Calendars
- Banner and STAR Access (for new users)
- Curriculum and Program Submission Deadlines to the Office of the Registrar
- Curriculum Forms and Instructions
- Curriculum Central
- FERPA Tutorial
- Final Exam Schedules
- General Education (approved courses) list (Aug. 2013)
- Registration Override Codes & Instructions
- STAR Access (for new users)
UH System Academic Calendars
- Reset STAR Password, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reset Banner Password, send email: Banneremail@example.com
- Banner Assistance, send email: Bannerfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Consent to Disclose Education Records to Third Party
- Directed Reading or Research Form, Undergraduate (Directed Studies 199V-499V)
- Directed Reading or Research Form, Graduate (Directed Studies 599, 699, 799V)
- Registration Override Form
- Report of Incomplete Work
- Request for Modification of Academic Requirement
Instructors are under no obligation to sign a Registration Override Form. It is up to the instructor on a case-by-case basis. Instructor may enter override directly in MyUH Portal.
Faculty can grant access and overrides for students directly through MyUh. For complete instructions please review the Faculty Tutorial available on MyUh.
What are registration overrides?
Registration overrides are for faculty to grant exceptions to registration restrictions (missing prerequisites, co-requisites, wrong major, class full, time conflict, etc.) or special approval for a particular student.
Who can grant overrides?
Faculty are authorized to access and grant overrides only for their own classes. Authorized administrative staff may also enter overrides via Banner.
How do I view students with overrides for my classes?
You may access the Registration Overrides Summary screen from the Faculty Main Menu and view overrides for any class you are scheduled to teach.
When should an override be made?
Permit / Overrides should be input before the student attempts to register for the class.
What information do I need in order to enter an override?
You will need to know the student's ID number or UH username, the course CRN, and the type of override needed.
What types of overrides are available?
Multiple codes may be required.
- class is closed (Permit)
- class requires instructor or departmental permission (Authorization)
- course has a prerequisite which you must meet (Authorization)
- class has a time conflict with another required class (Time)
- a co-requisite course is required which was completed previously (Corequisite)
- student wants to change the section of the course (Duplicate)
- late add - during second week of instruction (Authorization)
- students academic level prohibits from registering (Level)
- classes have a program restriction such as Nursing, Business (Program)
Please see the Curriculum Central website for curriculum deadlines.
For deadlines to submit Curriculum Proposals to the Campus-wide Curriculum Review Committee, please visit the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs web page: http://hilo.hawaii.edu/uhh/vcaa/.
- Authorization to Plan an Academic Program (2007)
- Code Request Form (IRO)
- Course Modification via Curriculum Central
- Course De-Activation, Re-Activation, or Archiving (Aug 2012)
- Special Topics and Experimental (July 2012)
- New Program via Curriculum Central
- New Course via Curriculum Central
- Program Modification via Curriculum Central
- Spring 2011 Campus-wide Curriculum Review Deadlines
Create, submit, and approve all Course Proposals electronically using Curriculum Central. For more information and access, please contact Jonathan Awaya at 932-7180.
More information is also available at: hilo.hawaii.edu/uhh/teaching/CurriculumCentral