Membership Plans & Rates
The Student Life Center strives to provide an open, safe environment for recreation, learning, and social interaction while meeting user demands. The goal for the Student Life Center facility is to expose as many of the UH Hilo Community to as possible activities that will improve their quality of life and support their educational endeavers.
The primary purpose and focus for the Student Life Center, which opened in 2008, is for student usage. Thoughtful planning must always be given to the policies that govern membership recruitment to preserve students recreational programming space.
To enhance the student’s university experience, the Student Life Center will offer memberships to selected members of the campus community. These memberships will create opportunities for diverse participants to work and play together, promote student experiential learning and will foster a living learning environment. Ultimately, the Student Life Center will be the social hub of the University and a corner stone for building campus community and creating sense of Ohana.
To ensure that students will continue to have priority usage, memberships offered to the Student Life Center will be limited. A membership cap will be set, based on usage statistics, student feedback and facility availability. The membership cap number will fluctuate. The Department of Campus Recreation reserves the right to decline membership and membership renewals, based on changing usage statistics.
Once it has been determined that there is membership space available, memberships will be offered, one category at a time, in priority order. A waiting list may be established for prospective members.
- UH Hilo Students (based on tuition status)
- Hawaii Community College and other current UH System Students (optional membership)
The following memberships are no longer available at this time.
- Spouse/Domestic Partners of Student/Faculty/Staff
- Selected Community Service Professionals (Police, Fire Dept.)
- Community Members
Go to Membership Criteria for more details
- Semester Memberships- Students ONLY- . UH Hilo Students are automatically assessed $78 per semester granting unlimited access to the Student Life Center for the fall and spring terms. UH Hilo Summer Session Students are assessed $35 for summer Student Life Center usage.
Hawaii Community College Students and other UH System students have the option to purchase a semester or summer membership at the same rate as UH Hilo Students. Payment is made at the Student Life Center (cash, check or credit card). Memberships are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Early Bird- (Best value) Faculty/Staff may purchase a half-day "Early Bird" membership. This membership allows full-usage of the facility from 6:30am-1:30pm including all morning/noon Imua Fitness classes. Unrestricted usage for Saturday and Sunday.
- Yearly- Unrestricted access to the facility and programs. Must be paid in full and is non-refundable for any reason.
Membership anniversary date will be calculated starting from the date of payment.
- Six Months- Must be paid in full. Is non-refundable for any reason. Membership anniversary date will be calculated starting from the date of payment.
- Monthly- Must be paid with a credit card (unless purchasing only for a single month). Monthly automatic credit card deductions will be made until membership is cancelled. Cancellation may occur at any time.
- Trial Membership- Current faculty/staff employees may purchase a Trial Membership allowing them to preview all of the Student Life Center facilities and Imua Fitness Classes for one day. To purchase, the faculty/staff member must present his/her valid University ID card or a paycheck with state-issued photo ID to the Student Life Center Front Desk and pay a $5 fee. A waiver form must be signed at that time.
|Full Memberships & Passes||Yearly membership||Semester||6 months||Summer||Monthly|
|*UH Hilo Students (Included in Tuition)||$78||$35|
|HawCC / UH System Students||N/A||$78||N/A||$35||NA|
* Hawaii Community College students and UH System Staff have the option to purchase a Trial Membership(one day entry for themselves). Paid members who are UH System students may sponsor one guest per day (sponsor fee applies). Effective July 1, 2011, Faculty/Staff may not sponsor a guest.
|Early Bird Memberships||Yearly membership||6 months||Monthly|
There are no refunds on unused portion of six month and yearly memberships. No exceptions. Memberships using re-occurring monthly payments can be canceled at anytime. However, refunds cannot be given after the monthly fee has been charged.
To sign-up, come to the Member Services Desk at the Student Life Center- Open 8am-4pm Monday - Friday. For more information - Call 933-7626.
Faculty/Staff may register on-line at http://hilo.hawaii.edu/rec/center/membership/classification.php