Please bring in filled registration form to the UH Hilo Student Life Center Membership services office with payment (Credit Card, Cash, Checks payable to UH Hilo). WE DO NOT ACCEPT MAILED IN REGISTRATION FORMS.
- We Are Closed for Summer Swimming Registration
- We are introducing Picture day for the Summer Swim 2014 season.
- The instructors will be taking pictures of the students all day long. Both on the surface and underwater. The photos will then be posted on this locked website. The parent log in will be given to parents as they sign-in and out from swim lessons on picture day.
- Parents with the log-in can download the pictures for free.
- If you do not want your child to have his/her picture taken you can simply ask the instructor not to take the pictures on the day of class.
- Please keep in mind our instructors are not professional photographers, this is simply for fun and to help the parents get some great action pics!
- Pool Party will be July 26th. It is open to all Summer swimmers.
2014 Summer Swim Schedule
Swim Class Schedule
Youth- ages 4-15
Swim Lesson Description
Introduction to Water Skills. Skills taught at this level include: submersion, floating with support, underwater exploration, entering and exiting the water, and water safety.
Fundamental Aquatics. Skills taught at this level include: floating without support, underwater exploration, gliding, swimming on front and back, and treading water.
Stroke Development. Skills taught at this level include: rotary breathing, front and back crawl, elementary backstroke, and butterfly kick.
Stroke Improvement. Skills taught at this level include: breaststroke, butterfly, swimming underwater, open turns and treading water.
Stroke refinement and distance swimming. This is for summers who are ready to do multiple laps at once and want to work on things like the backstroke flip turn and butterfly.
Please bring in filled registration form to the UH Hilo Student Life Center Membership services office with payment (Credit Card, Cash, Checks payable to UH Hilo). We do not accept mailed in registration forms .
Additional Classes and Fees
Adult Learn to Swim (1st and 2nd Session) - $45
Learn to be comfortable in the water and the basics of swimming. Class meets T/Th from 4:45 to 5:30pm. Session dates same as the T/TH Learn to Swim classes and are offered during the first and second sessions. Ages 16 and above.