Student Life Center
The goal for the Student Life Center facility is to expose as many as possible of the UH Hilo Community to activities that will improve their quality of life. The Student Life Center strives to provide an open, safe environment for recreation, learning, and social interaction while meeting user demands. The primary purpose and focus for the new Student Life Center is for student usage. Thoughtful planning is given to facility policies and procedures to preserve student recreational programming space.
About the Facility
The UH Hilo Student Life Center construction was completed and opened September 2008. This beautiful facility consists of nearly 23,000 square feet of indoor fitness/recreational rooms, a cardio and weight room, dance and aerobics rooms, a lounge with wireless internet, an indoor cafe', locker rooms, an Olympic-sized swimming pool, and an open deck by the swimming pool.
- Photo Gallery
- Hours of Operation
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facility Reservations
- Read press releases about the Center:
- LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) slide show
- "Green" building construction (June 5, 2007 article)
- Student Life Center to open with gold rating (July 11, 2008 article)