Ke Alaloa O Kūkini
Sign-up Today in the Weight Room!
Complete the distance of the Kukinis' path and earn a Ke Alaloa O Kūkini t-shirt!
- Register at the weight room desk
- Exercise on a treadmill or elliptical
- Log in your miles after each workout
- Get healthy and earn a t-shirt!
- No time limit, work at your own pace
Congratulations to our first 265 mile island runner, Preston Vierra!
Ke Alaloa O Kūkini, roughly translated is "The Long Pathway of the Swift Runner".
In ancient Hawai'i, messengers (Kūkini) were sent out to call in other chiefs for meetings, to call for tribute, to gather in laborers to build public works projects such as temples, to spy on rival chiefs, and to summon warriors to battle. The Kūkini were elite warrior-athletes, often of chiefly descent, who were selected to undergo rigorous physical and mental training.
Click here for more information.