RCUH Hiring Procedures
This information is for Pacific Islander students who have accepted job offers from a department or whose Hawaii Engaged Learning Position (HELP) has been funded by the AANAPISI grant (http://hilo.hawaii.edu/pisc/
All AANAPISI-funded positions are set up at the Research Corporation of University of Hawaii (www.rcuh.com). You are NOT yet authorized to start working until you have completed the RCUH documents and have been given a Start Date. Your actual start date depends on how quickly you complete the required paperwork through RCUH and the PISC. So, it's very important that you follow the next steps below.
Feel free to call Vid Raatior at the PISC (933-3857), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or come in to see him if you have any questions.
Bring the following documents to Vidalino Raatior at the Pacific Islander Student Center, Campus Center 307 as soon as possible:
- CURRENT CLASS SCHEDULE: RCUH requires that your class schedule must be
printed from your MyUH portal just as shown in the sample (Download Sample Now).
Feel free to come to the Center to log on to your MyUH account and
print the schedule from my printer.
- I-9 EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY VERIFICATION FORM: Download this form and fill out Section I of the I-9 form. Sign it and bring it in to Vid Raatior with the appropriate supplemental verification documents (see below). I have
printed copies of this form in my office if you don't have a printer.
- EMPLOYMENT VERIFICATION DOCUMENTS: Look at page 9 of the above I-9
Employment Eligibility Verification form for the proper form(s) to bring in to the PISC with the I-9 form.
You only need to bring ONE of the documents in List A (U.S Passport,
Permanent Resident Card, Form I-551, Form I-766, I-94A, Passport &
I-94 for FSM, RMI, ROP). Normally your passport is sufficient. For FSM,
RMI, ROP citizens, you will need to bring your passport plus the I-94
card that's stapled into your passport. If you don't have any of the documents in list A, then you will need to bring in ONE item from List B and ONE item from List C. Let me know if you have any
- BANK DOCUMENT: A voided check or a bank statement for your checking or
saving account showing your name, your bank account number, bank. This
is needed for direct deposit of your paycheck.
After you complete the above steps...
- RCUH: I will send your documents (schedule, resume, job description, hourly rate, etc) to Mary Jo (email@example.com) at RCUH and she will initiate the hiring procedures at RCUH.
- ONLINE NEW HIRE DOCUMENTS: Soon after you will receive an email from the RCUH Human Resources Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sharon Vong (email@example.com). The email will contain a link to an Online New Hire Documents account, your login, password. You MUST click on that link
and fill out the documents online. You will see a checklist of items to
be completed. As you complete each item, a checkmark will be added to
that document until all required documents have been filled out. Do NOT
wait or it will only delay your Start Date approval. The sooner you
complete those forms online, the quicker you get the following item.
- APPROVAL & START DATE: You
and your Supervisor will receive an email from RCUH and from Vidalino Raatior at the PISC with the
approval to start working. The email will contain your official Start
Date, instructions for submitting your biweekly time sheets, timesheet
submission deadlines, etc. You will then need to meet with your
supervisor to work out a work schedule, training, etc.
- TIMESHEETS: Once you start working, you will need to submit your signed / approved timesheet on time in order to get paid. (Download Timesheet Deadlines 2012-2013)
Good luck and congratulations!