Apply to be an
The Deadline has been extended to
Noon on Thursday, April 3rd!
The Orientation Leader is one of the most crucial and rewarding leadership opportunities on campus. They are the student leaders responsible for creating a foundation for graduation for not only our first time first year students, but for all of the newest members of our campus ‘ohana. As an Orientation Leader you’ll help to develop long lasting connections to other student, our faculty, and our many campus resources; you’ll build a supportive learning environment to ensure that our students are academically successful; and you’ll work to create a commitment and understanding of what it means to be a proud member of our UH-Hilo ‘ohana.
For many, the Orientation Leaders are the first people that our newest students will meet and see on campus and it will be your job to create a positive memorable first impression as you reach out to support the approximately 500 students and their families that are expected to participate in the Fall 2014 Orientation Program.
Once the Orientation week is over, our work is not done. The Orientation Leader position is more than a welcome crew, it may be one of the best leadership experiences you’ll have here at UH-Hilo. The Orientation leaders work throughout the entire year to plan events that connect students, develop initiatives to support academic success, and show off our amazing campus pride.
With this opportunity you'll be able to add the following statements to your resume:
- Planned and implemented new academic success initiatives for over 1200 students
- Organized events for over 1200 new students focused on building peer to peer connections.
- Mentored a group of new students throughout their transition to the University.
- Designed campus wide initiatives to foster a greater sense of campus pride
- Worked to create an atmosphere of connections, academic success, and ‘ohana for all new members of the UH-Hilo community
We are now recruiting and selecting motivated, excited, enthusiastic, amazing student leaders for the 2014 - 2015 Orientation Leader positions.
Think seriously about becoming an Orientation Leader–
We know you’ll have a fantastic time.