New Student Programs (NSP) is committed to supporting all of the newest members of our university ʻohana (family). Our mission is to build a foundation for student’s full academic and social integration into the campus through the development of long lasting connections to other students, faculty, staff and student support resources; to build a supportive learning environment that promotes academic success; and to create a commitment to and understanding of what it means to be a proud member of our UH Hilo ʻohana.
Are you a highly motivated student with passion and pride in UH Hilo? New Student Programs is currently seeking students for two new positions.
Campus Tour Coordinator & Office Asssistant
Tour Coordination Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the scheduling of Student Campus Tour Guides for Campus Tours.
- Coordinate the scheduling of individual Tour Requests from prospective students and Parents.
- Coordinate the scheduling of group Tour Requests.
- Coordinate the scheduling of visits with UH Hilo Admissions Counselors and other campus partners.
- Assist in the training of Student Campus Tour Guides.
- Manage the operational aspects of Campus Tours, including but not limited to collecting information from prospective students/parents, printing tour photos, ensuring copies and materials are ready for tours, etc.
- Greeting potential students and parents with a warm smile and a positive attitude
- Have outstanding customer service both on the phone and in person to make prospective students and parents feel welcomed and excited about their tour.
Office Management Responsibilities:
- Assists with office management and organization including but not limited to:
- Answering the New Student Programs office phone in a professional manner and taking appropriate messages or directing phone calls to necessary resources.
- Checking and responding to emails sent to the office.
- Picking up and distributing mail
- Maintaining office organization and cleanliness,
- Staffs the front desk, welcoming visitors and directing them to the appropriate office.
Campus Tour Guide
- Give tours to prospective students and their families.
- Share personal stories with prospective students and their families
- Act as an ambassador to the University, representing the mission and values of UH Hilo to all prospective students and parents.
- Comfortable working and speaking with students and parents from diverse backgrounds
- Fluency in multiple languages is a plus
We encourage all students to have the Career Development Services office take a look at your resume and cover letter to help you present yourself as best as possible.
Fall 2014 New Student Orientation
Mahalo to everyone who participated in Orientation this year! We had a blast putting the event together and we hope you had a good time and gained knowledge and experiences that will prepare you for your year here.
Photos will be posted online soon, so keep an eye out for them.
It's official, the New Student Programs office is in our new location on the first floor of the new Student Services Center. Stop on by and say Hi.
We'll keep you updated with all the great opportunities for new students on campus. Like the New Student Program's Facebook page and never feel left out.
- Orientation is all over. Look for pictures to be up online soon.
- Be in the know and "Like" our Facebook Page