New Student Programs (NSP) is committed to supporting all of the newest members of our university ‘ohana (family). Our mission is to build a foundation for student’s full academic and social integration into the campus through the development of long lasting connections to other students, faculty, staff and student support resources; to build a supportive learning environment that promotes academic success; and to create a commitment to and understanding of what it means to be a proud member of our UH Hilo ‘ohana.
Get involved in Orientation by Hosting an Event
New Student Programs is looking for UH Hilo Departments, Student Support Offices, and Student Organizations who want to participate in Orientation. Does your team have an event you would like to be included in the Orientation Schedule? We can help!
Free Airport Shuttle Service
On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 we will have shuttles available to pick you up from the airport and bring you to campus. This service is free and is a way for us to welcome you to Hilo and into our 'ohana (family).
We've hired our new Student Coordinators for next year!
We are very excited to welcome our three new Student Coordinators for next year's NSP Staff. Krista Aoki, Remi Nakaza, and Bree Kalima will be leading the way for New Student Programs starting this summer! They bring a great deal of energy, enthusiasm, and experience to the positions and we're thrilled to have them aboard.
Dean's List Recipients
Congratulations to Krista, Bree, Remi, Ashley, Astrid, Cammie, Erika, Goody, Larissa, Micah, Pedro, and Shelby T., the Orientation Leaders who are Spring 2013 Dean's List Recipients. We're very proud of you!
- We're offering free airport shuttle service to campus. We've created an online form to collect everyone's reservations. Find out more information about this free service.
- Orientation Leaders are starting to prepare to welcome our newest students. They are all amazing and we can't wait for you to meet them! The Meet the Staff page has been updated with their photos, so be sure to check it out.
- We are still accepting applications for Orientation Leaders. If you're interested, but haven't had time to put together your application, there's still time. Apply today!
- Want to have an event during Orientation week? We've created a new way for you to get involved. Submit your event today!
- We're in the process of updating the NSP website. Look around and give us some feedback.
- Are you interested in helping to support Orientation? Information for sponsors will be coming out soon.
- Be one of the first to "Like" our newly rebooted Facebook Page
- You're probably just as excited to register for Orientation as we are to have you here. However, we're not quite ready for you. As soon as we are, you can expect to hear from us. We can't wait to see you in the Fall.